Ashwagandha for weight loss is not a new idea. People have been using this natural remedy to aid their weight loss process from times immemorial. Ashwagandha for weight loss qualifies because it pretty much does what it claims and that too in an all-natural way! This is what popularises the benefits of ashwagandha even more. Ashwagandha is an ayurvedic herb and a classic adaptogen. The anti-inflammatory and immunity-boosting properties are some famous ashwagandha health benefits that make it credible to win the race of top herbal remedies for weight loss. Not only this, the adaptogenic qualities of the natural herb are super effective to curb stress, anxiety and rejuvenates mental as well as physical health. Thus, Ashwagandha for weight loss might become a suitable herbal supplement option for many people wondering about going natural with their weight loss journey.
Table of Contents
- Mechanism of Ashwagandha for Weight Loss
- Why Choose Ashwagandha For Weight Loss?
- 1. Ashwagandha Benefits Weight Loss by Boosting Immunity
- 2. Ashwagandha for Weight Loss Works by Enhancing The Body’s Metabolic Rate
- 3. The Properties for Stress Relief Also Promote Ashwagandha for Weight Loss
- 4. Ashwagandha for Weight Loss is A Good Option As It Aids Sound Sleep and Keeps Insomnia At Bay
- 5. Ashwagandha for Weight Loss is A Top Herbal Supplement As It Revives Body Energy and Helps Build Muscle Mass
- 6. Ashwagandha for Weight Control in People Having Hypothyroidism
- Usage of Ashwagandha for Weight Loss
- Ashwagandha Leaves for Weight Loss
- Ashwagandha Powder for Weight Loss
- Ashwagandha Tablets for Weight Loss
Mechanism of Ashwagandha for Weight Loss
The reason why ashwagandha for weight loss is not a recent idea is that ayurvedic experts, homeopathy practitioners, Unani medicines, and more already suggest ashwagandha and its supplement for weight loss to many people. Ashwagandha for weight loss may work efficiently for people who can rely more on natural remedies. Studies have shown that ashwagandha for weight loss is an additional benefit that the winter cherry offers along with curing problems like arthritis, neurodegenerative disorders, insomnia, etc.
The mechanism with which ashwagandha for weight loss works is basically hidden behind the abundance of antioxidants present in Indian ginseng. These properties boost the immune function of the body and stimulate the fast fat-burning process. It also revives the body’s energy and helps people in working out for longer. Additionally, ashwagandha gains a top place among the best ayurvedic anti-aging herb. So, what are you waiting for? Go for this natural and herbal way and let nature heal your body. Give a chance to ashwagandha for weight loss and experience a revival of body energy. Let us now discuss more the benefits of ashwagandha for weight loss.
Why Choose Ashwagandha For Weight Loss?
As already mentioned, the powerful properties of Ashwagandha make it an ideal natural remedy for weight loss. Although ashwagandha for weight loss is not a direct or targeted option for weight loss, it aids weight loss by addressing the root cause of weight gain problems. Below are some excellent ashwagandha benefits for weight loss that support and stimulate the weight loss process, making the weight loss journey smooth and efficient.
1. Ashwagandha Benefits Weight Loss by Boosting Immunity
Body immunity plays a key role in protecting from infections. But it can also support weight loss at a certain level. Weak immunity indicates that the body’s energy is invested in normal daily tasks and protects the body from infections. And, this is why there is no energy left to induce the fat-burning process in the body. Here, Ashwagandha can prove to be a savior! Ashwagandha is an excellent herbal supplement to rejuvenate the body’s lost energy. It then helps to redirect that body energy towards the weight loss efforts of the body for fast results. Hence, ashwagandha for weight loss is effective as it boosts immunity and refills the body with stamina.
2. Ashwagandha for Weight Loss Works by Enhancing The Body’s Metabolic Rate
Ashwagandha is nature’s gift with immense medicinal benefits. The herb works effectively in keeping inflammation and stress at bay. The credit for these properties of ashwagandha goes to its rich natural antioxidants present in the winter cherry. By reducing the occurrence of inflammation and inflammation-related health issues, ashwagandha enhances the metabolic rate of the body and fastens the pace of fat burning. The revived metabolic rate also makes it easier to exercise efficiently for longer. This is how ashwagandha for weight loss works by enhancing the body’s metabolism.
3. The Properties for Stress Relief Also Promote Ashwagandha for Weight Loss
As a matter of fact, ashwagandha is a classic adaptogen that can certainly reduce the cortisol levels in the body. Cortisol is also known as the stress hormone which causes stress at anxious times. It may even lead to some worrisome health issues, so it is crucial to control them. Ashwagandha manages to control the production of cortisol in the body and provides stress relief. Stress management correlates with the weight loss process in the body. An increase in stress leads to binge eating, overeating, and cravings for junk food. Ashwagandha curbs this uncontrollable hunger and also provides additional energy to the body to stay active. This is how ashwagandha for weight loss works by reducing stress in the body.
4. Ashwagandha for Weight Loss is A Good Option As It Aids Sound Sleep and Keeps Insomnia At Bay
Stress can become a significant cause of insomnia and other unhealthy lifestyle practices such as alcohol consumption. Ashwagandha effectively deals with stress and anxiety, making the brain able to follow a sound sleep. However, lack of proper sleep can, in turn, again cause stress which may become a reason for hampering the weight loss process. Thus ashwagandha works both ways in an optimum manner and correlates with weight loss. Therefore, ashwagandha for weight loss is an ideal herbal supplement to bring back peaceful sleep and stress-free life.
5. Ashwagandha for Weight Loss is A Top Herbal Supplement As It Revives Body Energy and Helps Build Muscle Mass
Ashwagandha is rich in iron and other essential nutrients. The blood circulation in the body improves on prolonged consumption of the herb. Ashwagandha also keeps the nervous system safe and secure by not letting the stress waves pass through it. All of these qualities of ashwagandha help store energy in the body for workouts and other miscellaneous activities. Hence, ashwagandha for weight loss is an ideal health supplement to revive body energy, increase stamina and bring endurance.
6. Ashwagandha for Weight Control in People Having Hypothyroidism
Hypothyroidism is a subtype of the thyroid problem. This condition reduces the normal synthesis of the thyroid hormones. These thyroid hormones directly affect the working of BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate). Low thyroid hormone indicates low BMR, which has a direct relation with weight gain. Studies suggest that daily supplementation of 600 mg of Ashwagandha to such patients for eight weeks improved their blood levels with thyroid hormone and even controlled weight gain at a remarkable level.
Usage of Ashwagandha for Weight Loss
Ashwagandha has a very astringent smell and typical taste, making it troublesome to consume the herb in the raw form. So people can try to have ashwagandha for weight loss with- water, milk, or ghee to dilute or enhance its taste. Adding other ingredients to improve its taste can also increase its nutritional value and make the herb consumable. Ashwagandha is available in many forms these days. One can buy ashwagandha in tablet, capsule, liquid, or powder (churna) form. Ashwagandha for weight loss can work in any of these forms.
Ashwagandha Leaves for Weight Loss
Yes, you read that right. Ashwagandha leaves can be consumed directly to use the herb for weight loss purposes. The following steps explain how people can use Ashwagandha leaves for weight loss easily at home.
- Pluck a good quantity of Ashwagandha leaves from the Ashwagandha plant if you have it at home or get it from nearby.
- Wash these leaves properly with water to remove all the impurities and dirt from them.
- Now separate Ashwagandha leaves on a clean flat surface and let them get dry under the sun. It usually takes 3-4 days to sun-dry ashwagandha leaves.
- Once these leaves dry entirely, mix them and grind them to procure a finely powdered mixture of ashwagandha leaves. And that’s it! Your homemade powder of ashwagandha leaves for weight loss is ready.
- Have 1/2 tsp of this homemade Ashwagandha leaf powder with a cup of lukewarm water or milk once or twice every day.
- One may add honey to the ashwagandha leaves powder for weight loss, to improve the taste of the ashwagandha powder beverage.
- Another good option to enhance the taste and nutritional value of ashwagandha leaves for weight loss is cardamom powder. It also helps increase metabolism and digestion, which induces the weight loss process.
Also See: Natural Herbs To Boost Immune System
Ashwagandha Powder for Weight Loss
Many people rely on ashwagandha churna or ashwagandha powder for weight loss. Ashwagandha powder is a safe and convenient way to use herbal supplements. Here are several ways on how to use ashwagandha powder (Churna) for weight loss.
1. Warm Water With Ashwagandha Powder for Weight Loss:
- Add one tablespoon of Ashwagandha powder to a glass of warm water.
- Let this sit in the water for the next 10 minutes so that the powder releases the beneficial nutrients in the water.
- Stir the mixture well and drink the beverage.
- Consume this drink 1-2 times every day to experience effective results of ashwagandha powder for weight loss
2. Warm Milk and Ashwagandha Powder for Weight Loss:
- Take one glass of milk in a saucepan, add some cardamom and cinnamon powder to it.
- Boil this milk and then add one tablespoon of ashwagandha powder, a pinch of nutmeg powder and let this mixture boil for a few more minutes
- Cinnamon and cardamom powders are used as appetizers or taste enhancers and even stimulate healthy digestion and metabolism.
- Have this drink of Ashwagandha powder with milk twice every day to aid weight loss. Right after meals is a good time to consume this drink. This drink with milk and ashwagandha powder for weight loss can do wonders in shedding those extra kilos if consumed regularly.
3. Pure Ghee and Ashwagandha Powder for Weight Loss:
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of ashwagandha powder to half a cup of water in a saucepan.
- Heat both the ingredients on a medium flame till the mixture evaporates to a quarter.
- Let the mixture get cool at room temperature. Once cool, filter it using a cotton cloth.
- Take this filtered water in another pan and add pure or organic ghee to it.
- Heat this mixture on medium flame till all the water evaporates.
- Store this mixture of ashwagandha powder and ghee in a dry and cool place. Consume this recipe of ashwagandha powder for weight loss daily to notice effective results.
4. Ashwagandha Root Powder for Weight Loss
- Take half or a full tablespoon of Ashwagandha root powder.
- Mix it with a cup of warm water or warm milk.
- Add some jaggery or honey to enhance the taste of the beverage.
- Consume this recipe of ashwagandha root powder for weight loss once or twice every day, or as per health practitioners’ direction.
Also See: Ashwagandha for Height Increase
Ashwagandha Tablets for Weight Loss
Ashwagandha tablets for weight loss is another ready-to-use remedy for losing extra weight. Ashwagandha tablets for weight loss are also convenient and come in handy without any hassles. Best ashwagandha capsules are natural and free from additives. Below given are the steps on how to use ashwagandha tablets for weight loss-
- Take a glass of water and 1-2 Ashwagandha tablets. Swallow the tablets with water.
- Take this two times a day, after meals or as per the doctor’s recommendation.
- Also, confirm with a doctor the dosage and side effects of ashwagandha tablets for weight loss.
Ashwagandha supplements are primarily safe for most people. However, pregnant or breastfeeding women, along with people with autoimmune diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, and Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, should avoid ashwagandha for weight loss. In addition, people taking any type of medication should consult with their health professional before using ashwagandha for weight loss. The dosage and effectiveness of ashwagandha for weight loss may also vary in different people; that is why it is vital to follow a healthy diet plan to lose weight, take consultation with a health professional and select a safe ashwagandha supplement.
Q.1 Can people use Ashwagandha as a weight gain supplement?
Ans. Although Ashwagandha is famous as a weight-loss supplement, some studies indicate that Ashwagandha can also be used for weight gain as well, as it helps build muscle mass and increase strength.
Q.2 Can people use Ashwagandha along with Shatavari for weight loss?
Ans. The flavonoids present in Shatavari extracts can burn fat faster in the body. In addition, the rich antioxidants in ashwagandha enrich the weight loss process further. Mix the two ingredients with milk to prepare a weight loss drink. Consume this beverage twice a day to witness effective weight loss results.