Are you someone that cannot start the day without drinking coffee? If you are a coffee freak, we understand that it provides you with an energy boost as a breakfast drink for a kickstart! But, how much do you know about the black coffee benefits besides it being an energy booster? Do you know all the benefits of drinking black coffee? Did you know that black coffee for weight loss works like a charm? If you are unaware of the answers and want to dig more, you have stopped by the right place! This article will tell you how black coffee for weight loss works, the core black coffee benefits, and the side effects.
Black coffee is a beverage brewed without any sugar, milk, cream, or flavor. However, some people may add sugar or flavor to give it a twist. Plain black coffee with no flavor or additives has a bitter taste, but it is one of the top natural fat burners. As mentioned before, it is one of the prominent black coffee benefits. And, also the reason why some people add it into their lean diet plan. This said, let us now see how black coffee for weight loss is beneficial, its nutrient content, and other advantages of black coffee.
Table of Contents
Nutrition Profile of Black Coffee
Before jumping into how black coffee for weight loss works, we should first discuss the nutritional value of the powerful beverage. Were you strolling through the internet for a drink that has low carbs, calories, and fats altogether? If yes, then black coffee is your one-stop solution! A simple cup of black coffee saves you from the hassles as well as calories that you take when you drink a beverage with milk, sugar, or other additives. With the addition of these ingredients, even your simple cup of coffee may contain calories equivalent to a piece of cake! Therefore sticking to black coffee may offer you a hassle-free and weight loss inducing daily beverage, as a cup of it contains the following:
- Fat- 0
- Calories- 0
- Cholesterol- 0
- Sodium- 0
- Carbs- 0
Yes, the above-given nutritional information of black coffee is insanely real! However, this really doesn’t settle that it is healthy for you. Although it has no calories and may not adversely affect your health, the black coffee benefits do nothing to improve your health. So, if you expect your daily beverage to enhance your health and fitness, black coffee may not be the right choice. You can go for a cappuccino, latte, or green tea instead.
Is Black Coffee Good For Weight Loss?
Though they do not directly accentuate weight loss, the core black coffee benefits may act as a catalyst to induce weight loss. Yes, that is the key reason why people add black coffee into their weight loss program. If you are someone rational and avoid weight loss myths, you may have considered black coffee for weight loss at least once. It completely makes sense to add black coffee into the daily diet as it is a beverage that provides zero calories and can make your weight loss journey smooth. Below given are the reasons why you should choose black coffee for weight loss-
- You can easily add black coffee into the diet plan for people with diabetes. It has a compound known as chlorogenic acid that can slow down the release of glucose in the body. So, the benefits of drinking black coffee involve less glucose production, ultimately lowering the fat cells production as well.
- Black coffee is jampacked with antioxidants. Thus, the key black coffee benefits may also help you fight free radicals and reduce weight.
- Caffeine is known to stimulate healthy metabolic activity. So, black coffee improves energy levels and then further suppresses hunger.
- While many people wonder when to drink protein shakes, some people rely on black coffee as their pre-workout drink. As black coffee benefits the metabolic rate, it provides a power punch of energy so that you can hit more reps in the gym.
- The other black coffee benefits involve reducing the water weight of the body. Drinking black coffee may lead to frequent urination. As a result, your body starts shedding the water weight and can help you look leaner.
- If you are someone who craves fitness through a bodybuilding meal plan or wants to reduce belly fat, in any case, black coffee is the right thing for you. However, you should ensure that it is free from any sugar and additives. These can increase its calorie content that may interfere with your fitness routine.
Top Black Coffee Benefits
If you are a coffee lover, you will be humbled to know that your favorite beverage unfolds the path of plenty of health benefits. Black coffee benefits you both physically and mentally. Below-given are some key benefits of black coffee-
1. Can Take Care of Your Heart
Drinking black coffee may increase blood pressure initially. However, this effect of black tea can diminish after regular consumption. Research shows the benefits of drinking black coffee for cardiovascular health, such as reduced risks of hypertension and even strokes. Besides, like other beverages such as cranberry juice, black coffee also can fight inflammation. All in all, black coffee is an overperformer when it comes to strengthening and boosting heart health.
2. May Enhance Cognition
Now, this is a known fact, especially to the night owls who thrive on coffee to pull all-nighters. Black coffee benefits the brain as it keeps the nerves active that helps improve memory. It can also reduce stress levels and recover the normal wear and tear the brain undergoes as we age. Therefore, black coffee may even combat cognitive problems like Alzheimer’s and Dementia.
3. May Boost Liver Health
Another one of the most fantastic black coffee benefits is improving liver health. Black coffee may become your savior against many liver issues. Regular black coffee consumption can check the growth of cancer cells in the liver, curb hepatitis, restrict the activity of harmful enzymes found in blood, guard against fatty liver diseases and alcoholic cirrhosis. Some studies indicate that people who drink 3-4 cups of black coffee in a day are less likely to develop any liver disease. Therefore, apart from healthy activities like yoga, you can rely on black coffee to boost your liver health.
4. Detoxifies Stomach
Coffee is basically a diuretic beverage, i.e., the more you consume it, the more often you will urinate. This is indicative of how black coffee benefits your stomach to flush out toxins and unwanted bacterias. Therefore, black coffee may help the stomach clean and free acids that cause gas.
5. Contains Potent Antioxidants
Many health benefits of black coffee owe their allegiance to its rich antioxidant content. Potent antioxidants such as vitamin B2, B3, and B5, potassium, magnesium, and manganese are present in black coffee. In addition, black coffee can also boost the absorption of vitamin B12.
Black Coffee Side Effects
Now that we have covered the major black coffee benefits let us look at the potential risks and black coffee side effects. Mostly, excessive intake leads to the following unfortunate side effects of black coffee-
- An excess intake of black coffee may induce levels of cortisol in your body. Cortisol is the stress hormone that provokes stress and anxiety on release. Therefore you may feel restless when you get addicted to black coffee. To combat this, you can try ashwagandha that can regulate cortisol activity and calm your nerves.
- If we keep the core benefits of drinking black coffee aside, one of the most serious disadvantages of the beverage is for your sleep. The gravest side effects of black coffee can mess up your sleeping routine and may even cause insomnia in extreme situations. Even if you know your best position to sleep, drinking black coffee, especially a few hours before bed, may hamper your sound sleep.
- Excessive consumption of caffeine is linked with problems associated with acidity in the stomach. If you drink black coffee too frequently, you are at the risk of developing abdominal spasms and having stomach cramps.
- Although black coffee itself does not have any significant nutrients to offer, it may even weaken your stomach to absorb the ones you get from other foods. It may make your system too complicated to absorb minerals like calcium, iron, and zinc.
The benefits of drinking black coffee are plenty. The most significant one is associated with weight loss. Besides that, black coffee benefits metabolic activity, improves your memory and takes care of heart and liver health. As it has no calories, fats, and carbs, black coffee may prove to be a boon for weight loss among some people. However, moderation is a thumb rule to follow while consuming it.
An excess may end up with unfortunate black coffee side effects. The side effects of black coffee may involve anxiety, acidity, less mineral absorption, insomnia, etc. Therefore, if you stick to preaching moderation while consuming black coffee, you may witness some amazing benefits of the energy-boosting beverage. Also, if black coffee has helped you overcome weight issues or cognition problems, do let us know about it in the comment section!