If you are new to bodybuilding and the whole muscle gain routine, we’ve got news for you! The strength training you’re indulging in is undoubtedly vital for building lean muscle mass; however, it will be tough to hit the right marks to build a herculean body without the right balance of fats and carbs. Indeed, strength training will ramp up your endurance and longevity, especially for routine workouts. But, if you are not following the proper bodybuilding meal plan for beginners, you are clearly mistaken.
No, ignorance is not bliss here! Today or tomorrow, you will witness an unfortunate impact on your metabolism if you compromise on the precise bodybuilding meal plan for beginners while building muscle. But, if you are thorough with the ultimate workout plan for beginners, sit back and relax. Your hard work will fill you with the motivation you need to follow the bodybuilding meal plan for beginners.
Thus, the diet chart for bodybuilding beginners you refer to has to ensure the balanced fueling of nutrients into your body. Your work in progress will be all worth it only if you focus on nutrition as much as you crave for that toned body. A decent bodybuilding meal plan for beginners will not let you starve or deny any nutrients to make you shed those unnecessary kilos. It strikes a balance of supplements and foods that stimulate muscle synthesis and fat burn.
Table of Contents
- Bodybuilding Diet Plan For Beginners: The Game of Right Nutrients!
- Diet Chart For Bodybuilding Beginners: A Detailed Weekly Plan
Bodybuilding Diet Plan For Beginners: The Game of Right Nutrients!
If you are aware of the vitality of a meal plan for beginners but certainly unsure of the nutrients and their right proportion, then we have got you covered! Even if you are a food junkie, this bodybuilding meal plan for beginners will restructure your diet in a manner that will gradually inch you forward towards your muscle gain goals!
First things first, when you pick the foods for muscle building, you must consider factors such as personal health, availability, current fitness level, etc. Following that, your dietician lands you on the bodybuilding meal plan for beginners that caters to your special nutrient needs. Thus, while you rely on your ideal beginner meal plan for muscle gain, make protein, carbs, fats, vitamins, and fiber, your close friends. Let’s break down how!
Start looking for the cheapest and healthiest sources of protein if you religiously want to follow the beginner’s meal plan for bodybuilding! Many people fear that protein-rich foods in the bodybuilding meal plan for beginners may have an adverse effect on health. This is a clear misconception as some studies show that a protein-rich diet does not harm most healthy individuals.
A bodybuilding beginner should aim for 1 gram- 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight. Chicken, eggs, cottage cheese, plain greek yogurt, etc., are excellent protein sources to consider. Also, protein powders become bodybuilder’s best friends in the journey of muscle building. One such supplement that you can pick without any double thoughts is Utsaha plant protein by Nature Sutra. The natural formulation comprises all the nine essential amino acids to fill you with zeal and enthusiasm.
One gets confused when it comes to deciding about carbs quantity in the bodybuilding meal plan for beginners. Well, the reasons for weight gain horrors are apparent, but you should bear in mind that you should derive 45%-55% of your daily calories through carbs. So, with that logic, say if you need 3000 calories per day for muscle growth, your carb intake should not exceed 350-400 grams.
Assuming that you know the difference between healthy and unhealthy fats, we will again enlighten you about the necessity of fats to feel energetic. While you preach your beginner meal plan for muscle gain, try your best to always reach out to unprocessed fats over the processed ones filled with unhealthy oils. These include nuts, avocados, and olives.
If you want to follow a meal plan for weight loss and muscle gain, derive nearly 10%-20% of your daily calorie needs through polyunsaturated and monounsaturated healthy fats. In addition to this, also consume saturated fats present in cottage cheese, egg yolks, and other poultry foods.
Vitamins and Fiber-
If someone lectures you about the importance of vitamins in the bodybuilding meal plan for beginners, consider them as your well-wishers. You have to overcome the wrong approach of neglecting vitamins for protein and incorporate vitamins, especially vitamin D, into your diet. The macronutrient is vital for strengthening bones, protein synthesis, and muscle synthesis.
Along with this, do not avoid having a regular dose of vitamin B, C, and A. Similarly, fiber has incredible health benefits to offer, such as decreasing cholesterol, stabilizing blood sugar levels, and stimulating healthy digestion.
Diet Chart For Bodybuilding Beginners: A Detailed Weekly Plan
So, now that you know that the right bodybuilding meal plan for beginners is not just about the diet, but the ‘right’ diet with the ‘right’ nutrients, let us have a look at a detailed and well-planned meal plan that you can give a try.
A Quick Glance At The Sample Diet Chart for Bodybuilding Beginners:
|MEAL||FOOD OPTIONS||TARGET NUTRIENTS||IMPORTANCE|
||Protein and High GI fruits||Energy Fueling and Fat burn for lean muscle growth.|
||Protein, slow-acting carbs, and healthy fats.||Energy loading, glucose balance, and stabilizing cortisol levels.|
||Protein, slow-digesting carbs, and micronutrients.||Adequate calorie that keeps a check on unhealthy fasting and overeating.|
||Protein, slow-digesting carbs, and vitamins, minerals, and fiber.||Provides spurt of energy for muscle training and maintains a healthy metabolic rate.|
||Protein and slow-acting carbs with low sugar.||Improves workout performance, prevents muscle loss, and stimulates protein synthesis.|
||Quick digestibility, high-quality protein, and fast carbs.||Copes with strength and energy loss along with attaining daily protein needs.|
||Protein, fiber, and low GI carbs.||Ensures stability of insulin levels and fuels amino acids in the body.|
||Slow acting proteins and healthy fats||Helps build strength, muscle mass and saves from morning lethargy.|
1. Pre-Breakfast Meal
- Foods– Start your day with a whey protein or plant protein shake along with a medium or big-sized fruit such as banana, apple, or grapes.
- Target Nutrients– Protein and high GI fruits for energy.
- Importance- Proper fueling and rapid fat burn to get over the catabolic state so that you can grow lean muscle fast.
- Foods- You can eat a whole egg with three egg whites along with cottage cheese (cooked scrambled paneer with roti). If you are a vegan or a vegetarian who is keen to follow an appropriate bodybuilding meal plan for beginners, you can go with one bowl of sprouts with spinach and tomatoes along with a cup of low-fat yogurt. Both vegetarians and non-vegetarians should consume a handful of nuts in the morning.
- Target Nutrients- Protein, slow-digesting carbs, and healthy fats.
- Importance- You must have heard the fitness gurus chanting how breakfast is the most important meal of the day. This is so because breakfast sets the body up for optimum physical and mental performance throughout the day. As it fuels energy and restores the glucose balance after long hours of sleep, it prevents a rise in cortisol levels. Cortisol can obstruct muscle and fat synthesis that can further hamper your athletic performance. Thus, a breakfast with a high protein and carbs content is crucial for the bodybuilding meal plan for beginners.
3. Pre-Lunch Snack
- Foods- Vegetarians can prefer one bowl of roasted chickpeas or mixed vegetables salad with one medium-sized fruit. Non-vegetarians can go for one bowl of brown rice with chicken and broccoli salad.
- Target Nutrients- Protein, slow-digesting carbs, and micronutrients through veggies.
- Importance- Planning your calories in 4-5 meals helps for efficient absorption and digestion of calories. An ideal bodybuilding meal plan for beginners will do the same for you. This is why we suggest that you pay close attention to how your body responds to the different calorie quantities during different meal timings. In addition, spreading the calorie intake through frequent snacks can break unhealthy fasting hours and avoid overeating. Try to get your hands on foods that contain a decent amount of protein, fiber, and slow-acting carbs, such as sweet potatoes, broccoli salad, etc.
Also See: Best Protein Powder in India
- Foods- Vegetables can have cooked mixed bean curry with a medium cup of brown rice and cooked cauliflower. For non-vegetarians, the bodybuilding meal plan for beginners would suggest fish curry with brown rice and some cooked veggies.
- Target Nutrients- Protein, slow-digesting carbs, and vitamins, minerals, and fiber, through vegetables.
- Importance- After the carb-loading during pre-lunch snack, a perfect lunch of a perfect beginner meal plan for muscle gain will get you all set for a workout! The highly nutritious lunch will help you energize the weak spots and improvise your muscle training performance. With a boost of energy, a lunch with balanced nutrients will enhance your metabolic rate and provide you with enthusiasm for the afternoon chores.
5. Pre-Workout Meal
- Foods- Both vegetarians and non-vegetarians can eat a whole-grain toast either with homemade avocado mush or almond or peanut butter spread along with a bowl of baked sweet potatoes. Another pre-workout meal option for a power-packed gym training session or home bodyweight workout routine is a big glass of protein shake (drink this 40-50 minutes before the workout session)
- Target Nutrients- Protein and low sugar foods.
- Importance- A wholesome pre-workout meal can significantly boost your training performance. It is a smart way to include a slow-acting high-quality protein that will aid muscle build and synthesis. As a sustained source of energy, a nutritious pre-workout meal is pivotal for the bodybuilding meal plan for beginners. It preserves the pre-existing muscle mass and prevents muscle soreness resulting from incomplete protein synthesis.
Your fitness trainer may make a protein shake mandatory as a pre-workout meal while picking for you the right bodybuilding meal plan for beginners. A protein shake is full of BCCAs (branched-chain amino acids), including Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine. These protein components are not produced in the body but are essential for protein synthesis and overall health. This is why it is essential to consume them through protein-rich foods or supplements as they provide fast energy to let you work on those muscles like a pro!
6. Post-Workout Snack
- Foods- Whey Protein or Plant Protein Shake.
- Target Nutrients- Quickly digestible, high-quality protein with high GI carbs.
- Importance- Be it whey or plant, a post-workout protein shake is the backbone of the perfect bodybuilding meal plan for beginners. The ideal post-workout snack prevents strength loss after the workout and relieves regular muscle wear and tear due to heavy training. A protein shake after a workout will also bring you an inch closer to accomplish your daily protein goals.
Whey protein and plant protein shake supplement the muscle protein synthesis after the hardcore resistance training. No bodybuilding meal plan for beginners can afford to miss this part of the muscle gain diet. Other than these options, you can also consider creatine supplementation or glycogen-based protein shakes.
- Foods- Vegetarians can eat white bean salad with cottage cheese (paneer) dressing or daal with mixed vegetables for stir fry. Non-vegetarians can go for chicken with flax oil dressing.
- Target Nutrients- Protein, fiber, and low GI carbs.
- Importance- Dinner is a necessary meal that ensures the stability of insulin levels. A protein and carb balanced dinner is essential for the bodybuilding meal plan for beginners as it fuels amino acids in the body to prepare it for sleeping fast and healthy sleep.
8. Bedtime Snack
- Foods- Whey protein or plant protein shake with cottage cheese with a spoon of peanut butter.
- Target Nutrients- Slow digestion proteins and healthy fats.
- Importance- It is not entirely true that night-time snacks are wrong, especially when it comes to bodybuilding meal plans for beginners. Consuming 25-28 grams of protein and 10-15 grams of carbs may help you gain strength and muscle mass. This fact is particularly true for people who aspire to indulge themselves in resistance training and achieve the bulk of muscles. A nutritious bedtime snack can also save you from being lethargic and lazy in the morning.
Bodybuilding requires a significant degree of commitment in terms of both training and nutrition. Those who want to be consistent and disciplined in training should also focus on the right bodybuilding meal plan for beginners. To optimize a progressive rate of change, bodybuilders should consume a range of nutrient-dense foods to attain their calorie and macro-nutrient requirements. Along with this, a perfect bodybuilding meal plan for beginners will make you learn to have a special regard for 3 liters of water in a day and keep detrimental foods such as alcohol, processed junk foods at bay.