Triphala Guggulu (Triphala guggul) is an ayurvedic rayasana or medicine that contains Triphala, Shuddha Guggulu, and Pippali Churna. It originates from a plant and interestingly includes benefits and treatment against issues like obesity, constipation, fistula, piles, liver abscess, internal abscess, infective wounds of soft tissues, and corns and calluses. It promotes fat burn simply by improving metabolism and digestion mechanisms. Therefore, it aids weight loss and brings you closer to your ideal body naturally. You should consider the Triphala Guggulu uses if you are trying to sculpt your body with the exercises to reduce belly fat for women at home. It will not disappoint you as the ayurvedic remedy keeps a check on weight, especially on the abdominal fat, and improves bowel movement by softening and loosening the stool.
Moreover, the Triphala Guggulu uses covers treatment for indigestion, intestinal diseases, flatulence and expelling out intestinal worms. Not only that, but the plant remedy also balances all of the three doshas in the body. Thus, it is highly beneficial to remove toxins from your body, maintain healthy cholesterol levels, support weight management, and maintain proper digestion and food absorption. Don’t you think that Triphala Guggulu uses take into account all your tummy issues? Let us now understand more about the Triphala Guggulu uses, benefits, and side effects.
Table of Contents
- Triphala Guggulu Uses
- 1. Triphala Guggulu For Constipation
- 2. Triphala Benefits For Skin
- 3. Triphala Guggulu Can Help Lose Weight
- 4. Triphala Guggulu Can Treat Piles
- 5. Triphala Guggulu Can Effectively Manage High Blood Pressure
- 6. Triphala Guggulu Can Assist Fighting Against Thyroid
- 7. Triphala Guggulu Uses Include Calming Symptoms of Gout
- Benefits of Triphala Guggulu
- Triphala Guggulu Doses
- Side Effects
Triphala Guggulu Uses
The ultimate Triphala Guggulu uses lie in the ability of the herbal remedy to overcome pain, irritation, heal wounds, inflammation, and much more.
1. Triphala Guggulu For Constipation
Guggulu is among the best-known anti-inflammatory herbs of Ayurveda. The herb heals and calms the inflammation of fistula-in-ano. And Triphala helps calm the irritable bowel movements and relieve constipation, a digestive problem often troubling people with hemorrhoids. The herbal remedy can deal with gastric issues as well. So, if you were looking for how to get rid of gas, Triphala Guggulu may be the answer for you. Triphala dosage for constipation is one tablet. Yes, just one tablet of the medicine can resolve your constipation issues gradually. If you are taking Triphala Guggulu powder, 1-4 grams is enough.
2. Triphala Benefits For Skin
Guggulu has scientific backing for being a medicine that can treat acne. It can heal the face, chest, and back acne. In addition, guggulsterone is a Guggulu-derived component that helps people with oily skin tremendously. Similarly, Triphala Guggulu can also manage to treat Eczema, Psoriasis, and skin irritation.
Much like Ashwagandha for skincare, Triphala Guggulu can also prove to be beneficial to curb harmful skin issues. These skin conditions are caused by acute inflammation. Guggulu is extracted from the Boswellia serrata plant. This is why Guggul-based creams have been shown to calm itchiness, inflammation, and redness or skin discoloration in people who deal with psoriasis and eczema.
3. Triphala Guggulu Can Help Lose Weight
Guggulu suppresses appetite, leading to less calorie intake and promoting weight loss. Triphala Guggulu contains five highly potent herbs that stimulate the digestive system, metabolism, and overall body energy. Triphala and Guggulu are both well known for their obesity curbing and fat reduction effects.
Triphala is chiefly noted to influence the tissues around the abdomen. Therefore, you can rely on these herbal supplements to reduce belly fat as the combination has shown to be effective in reducing weight and belly fat. Some studies also show that Guggulu controls appetite hormones ghrelin and leptin that makes the herb treat obesity. However, more evidence is needed to confirm these observations.
4. Triphala Guggulu Can Treat Piles
Triphala Guggulu is a popular remedy for treating non-bleeding piles. However, some patients also have mucus discharge-related problems through the excretory opening and piles. Triphala Guggulu treats this condition by reducing mucus production, destroying pus or stopping pus formation, and eliminating the chances or spread of infection.
5. Triphala Guggulu Can Effectively Manage High Blood Pressure
Triphala Guggulu decreases cholesterol and triglycerides levels in the blood. Not only this, the herbal remedy begins to curb the occurrence of high blood pressure by eliminating plaque formation in the blood vessels. The following combination is effective in reducing cholesterol levels.
6. Triphala Guggulu Can Assist Fighting Against Thyroid
Hypothyroidism is common among women where the thyroid gland does not release enough thyroid hormone to keep the body functioning normally. Some studies also suggest that it can calm thyroid symptoms such as weakness, fatigue, and muscle aches.
7. Triphala Guggulu Uses Include Calming Symptoms of Gout
It is an excellent tonic to purify the blood and eliminate harmful toxins from the body. As the abnormal uric acid level is also a toxin for the body, it can increase the unhealthy uric acid level. Uric acid can cause problems in the body if it gets obstructed in its excretion or if it is overproduced. Triphala Guggulu is effective in treating both conditions. It corrects the issues of metabolism and reduces the uric acid levels in the blood. It aids uric acid excretion and normalizes its levels in the blood.
Benefits of Triphala Guggulu
- It is warm, dry, pungent-flavored but aromatic in nature. You can use Triphala Guggulu as a colon or scent.
- Triphala Guggulu helps combat fatigue and poor metabolism.
- The herb is a powerful and effective blood detoxifier
- Triphala Guggulu can combat anxiety, stress and acts as a natural anti-depressant
- It is an excellent emmenagogue, i.e., it supports the stimulation of menstrual flow without medicines.
- Triphala Guggulu is a nutritious and lubricating ayurvedic medicine that stimulates and enhances digestion properties.
- Its laxative effects offer relaxation from various issues.
- The plant herb is stuffed with aperients, antiseptic, astringent, antipyretic, and aphrodisiac properties.
- It is also popular as an anti-aging agent.
- Triphala Guggulu can heal pile mass, anal fissure, and anal fistula.
- Triphala Guggulu’s uses also involve treating various heart-related disorders like extreme heart palpitation.
- The herbal remedy can relieve renal stone pains as well.
- Its bitter properties stimulate appetite internally and let the body get rid of gas and bloating.
- Its powerful anti-oxidant properties scavenge the harmful free radicals from the body.
- It can also efficiently treat osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis by calming the symptoms of these diseases.
Also See: Most Common Causes of Joint Pain
Triphala Guggulu Doses
Guggul supplements are now available in a wide range as well as forms. You can easily find Triphala Guggulu extracts, capsules, powders, and lotions to treat skin conditions online or at a medical store.
Dosage guidance typically depends on the amount of active guggulsterone, a plant compound steroid, present in the Triphala guggul supplement. It is also available in mixtures with other herbs and supplements. Therefore, it is vital that you carefully read the label of the Triphala Guggulu supplement before purchasing it.
Although the medical practitioner advises the correct dosage, as a rule of thumb, the usual prescription is 1-2 tablets for 2 or 3 times a day with lukewarm water. Avoid taking the herb with cold water. Generally, Triphala Guggulu supplements are taken after one hour of taking meals or otherwise prescribed by the Ayurvedic doctor.
There are no significant reported side effects of Ayurvedic medicine. However, to be absolutely sure about the safety, take it as per the Ayurvedic doctor’s prescription. Also, ensure to avoid overdose as it may cause stomach irritation. Women should know that Triphala Guggulu stimulates menstrual discharge and it promotes urine to pass and hence should not be considered during pregnancy. Lactating mothers must consult an Ayurvedic doctor before taking the herbal medicine.
The Bottom Line
Triphala Guggulu can be your go-medicine as it can treat almost every health concern. Its benefits are engraved in ancient Indian scriptures, and that says enough about this classic herbal medicine. However, to avoid drug interaction and any type of reaction, you should consult an Ayurvedic doctor or your personal healthcare provider to avoid any unforeseen consequences. Also, if you are picking the supplement on your own, do not forget to read the product’s label carefully. Hopefully, you will feel lifted from your health concerns with this remarkable natural supplement. If Triphala Guggulu enchants your health and fitness, feel free to share it with us in the comment section!